Birth Center Orientation & Expectant Parents Night
We are committed to providing you with all of the information you need for birth at the Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services. Each month we offer free evening presentations for all of those expecting to deliver their baby at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital.
Hospital staff and physicians will present a comprehensive orientation to the logistics of having a baby of Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, including information on Labor & Delivery, on pain relief options during labor, on postpartum arrangements and our skin-to-skin program. Audience questions are taken by each presenter. Each Birth Center Orientation will be held from 6-7:30pm on the dates listed below.
This is a free event; no registration is needed.
Location: Auditorium, first floor of Packard Children's Hospital
- Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- Thursday, October 22, 2015
- Thursday, November 5, 2015
- Monday, November 23, 2015
- Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Monday, December 14, 2015
For those on bedrest or unable to attend the evening presentations, the same information can be obtained as follows:
- Pre-admission materials for your upcoming hospital stay can be obtained directly from the Admitting Department by calling (650) 497-8229 or online.
- Please visit the Obstetrical Anesthesia Web page for information and a brochure on pain relief during labor. This brochure is included in each pre-admit packet. A video on epidural anesthesia is available at the Stanford Health Library and in our childbirth classes.
- For car seat information and installation check, Stanford Children's Health offers a Car Seat Fitting Station Program. Appointments are required for a car seat check. Online appointments can be made through our registration page.
Questions about the Birth Center Orientations? Please call us at 650-724-4601.
View our newest online prenatal video with Dr. Natali Aziz: Healthy Pregnancy 101.