Birth Center Orientation & Expectant Parents Night
We are committed to providing you with all of the information you need for birth at the Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services. Each month we offer free evening presentations for all of those expecting to deliver their baby at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. Each evening's schedule is below. Feel free to attend whichever parts are of interest to you.
||Birth Center Orientation with video tour and question and answer session
||An obstetrical anesthesiologist will discuss pain relief options during labor|
||A pediatrician will discuss their role in the birth process|
This is a free event; no registration is needed.
Location: Auditorium, first floor of Packard Children's Hospital
The Packard Pass photo ID badge system is a new and easy way to increase safety by identifying everyone who enters our hospital and giving them a temporary photo ID badge to wear while in the hospital. We encourage you to allow a few extra minutes for the Security check-in at the Birth Center Orientations.
- Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Thursday, February 5, 2015
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015
- Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- Thursday, April 2, 2015
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015
- Thursday, May 7, 2015
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Thursday, June 4, 2015
- Tuesday, June 23, 2015
For those on bedrest or unable to attend the evening presentations, the same information can be obtained as follows:
- Pre-admission materials for your upcoming hospital stay can be obtained directly from the Admitting Department by calling (650) 497-8229 or online.
- Please visit the Obstetrical Anesthesia Web page for information and a brochure on pain relief during labor. This brochure is included in each pre-admit packet. A video on epidural anesthesia is available at the Stanford Health Library and in our childbirth classes.
- For car seat information and installation check, Stanford Children's Health offers a Car Seat Fitting Station Program. Appointments are required for a car seat check. Online appointments can be made through our registration page.
Questions about the Birth Center Orientations? Please call us at 650-724-4601.
View our newest online prenatal video with Dr. Natali Aziz: Healthy Pregnancy 101.