The Safely Home Car Seat Fitting Station
With 4 out of 5 Child Safety Seats being used incorrectly, it is important to have your Child Safety Seat inspected by a certified technician. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital offers a child passenger fitting station for patient families as well as for the immediate community.
Certified technicians offer the following assistance to parents and caregivers:
- Ensure that the Child Safety Seat brought by the family has not been recalled.
- Advise on how to choose an age, height and weight appropriate Child Safety Seat.
- Instruct and demonstrate how to install and use the appropriate Child Safety Seat in the vehicle.
- Instruct and demonstrate how to correctly place a child in the appropriate Child Safety Seat.
- Answer any questions parents or caregivers may have regarding Child Safety Seat installation.
Make a Car Seat Fitting Station Appointment Online
Please visit our online calendar to book a Child Safety Seat Fitting Station appointment. Please be sure to choose the Car Seat Fitting category on the left side of the page to view our appointment calendar. Please note that we schedule appointments in two week increments. New postings are made on the first and fifteenth of each month.
What You Need to Do
- Make an appointment. Appointments are necessary. Each Child Safety Seat check appointment is 1 hour long.
- Bring your Child Safety Seat, any accessories and attachments that came with it, the car seat installation instructions/manual, your vehicle owner's manual and, if possible, the child who will be using the seat.
- Please make sure that the back of your car is clean and clear (vehicle seat & floorboard) of toys and food so that our technicians have enough space to work and instruct you on the installation of your child restraint(s). This will also help in reducing the spread of germs from vehicle to vehicle.
- Please note that we do not work with Child Safety Seats that are expired or more than 5 years past the manufacture date, if no expiration date is visible.
- Expectant parents should have the Child Safety Seat checked at least one month before the baby is due. Register early to get the best available appointment time.
The Fitting Station is located on the ground level (Lower level) of the parking garage at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. 725 Welch Road Palo Alto, CA 94305. Look for the Kohl's Child Safety van and the yellow Fitting Station signs.
Para información en Español, llama a (650) 736-7565.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (650) 736-2981.