The Safely Home Car Seat Fitting Station
With 4 out of 5 Child Safety Seats being used incorrectly, it is important to have your child’s Car Seat inspected by a certified technician. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford offers Car Seat Fitting appointments for patient families as well as for the immediate community.
Certified technicians offer the following assistance to parents and caregivers:
- Ensure that their child’s Car Seat has not been recalled.
- Advise on how to choose an age, height and weight appropriate Car Seat.
- Instruct and demonstrate how to install and use the appropriate Car Seat in the vehicle.
- Instruct and demonstrate how to correctly place a child in the appropriate Car Seat.
- Answer any questions parents or caregivers may have regarding Child Passenger Safety.
Make a Car Seat Fitting Station Appointment Online
Please visit our Car Seat Fitting registration page to book a Car Seat Fitting appointment. Please be sure to choose the Car Seat Fitting category on the left side of the classes.stanfordchildrens.org webpage to view all available appointments. Please note that we schedule appointments in two week increments. New postings are made on the first and fifteenth of each month.
What You Need to Do
- Make an appointment. Appointments are necessary. Each Car Seat Fitting appointment is 45 minutes long.
- Bring your Car Seat, any accessories and attachments that came with it, the car seat instructions/manual, your vehicle owner's manual and, if possible, the child who will be using the seat.
- Please make sure that the back of your car is clean and clear (vehicle seat & floorboard) of toys and food so that our technicians have enough space to work and instruct you on the installation of your child’s Car Seat. This will also help in reducing the spread of germs from vehicle to vehicle.
- Please note that we do not work with Car Seats that are expired or more than 5 years past the manufacture date, if no expiration date is visible.
- Expectant parents should have the Car Seat checked at least one month before the baby is due. Register early to get the best available appointment time.
The Safely Home Car Seat Fitting Station is located on the ground level (Lower level) of the parking garage at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. 725 Welch Road Palo Alto, CA 94305. Look for the Kohl's Child Safety van and the yellow Fitting Station signs.
Si tiene alguna pregunta, póngase en contacto con Salvador Vargas al (650) 736-7565 o por correo electrónico a email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Salvador Vargas at (650) 736-7565 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.