Admitting and Clinic Registration
Main Admitting Office:
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Please visit each clinic’s Web page for locations and phone numbers. The patient admitting and clinic registration information below is for children coming to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford for an inpatient stay or an outpatient visit or procedure.
If you are an expectant mother, please visit the Pregnancy and Delivery page.
In compliance with Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rules, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford has established an Identity Theft Prevention Program to detect, prevent and mitigate risks associated with identity theft. We respectfully request that patients (or the accompanying adult) arriving for an inpatient stay, clinic visit or outpatient procedure present:
- A valid form of photo identification
- The patient’s/parent’s insurance card (if applicable)
The hospital will request this identification at each hospital visit.
Valid Forms of Identification
The following are considered valid forms of forms of photo identification:
Valid Drivers License
Valid DMV Identification Card
Valid U.S. Military Identification Card
Valid Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
Valid Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, Stanford Hospital & Clinics or Menlo Clinic employee badge
Should patients or the accompanying adult not possess a valid photo identification, then acceptable alternative forms of identification include:
Social Security Card
Credit Card with Picture
Voter Registration Card
Certified Birth Certificate
Where to Go on the Day of Your Hospital Visit
- Clinic patients should go to the clinic’s location. View a list of our locations.
- Children having surgery should get a visitor’s badge at the hospital’s main entrance and go directly to the Ford Family Surgery Center on the Ground Floor of the hospital. You do not need to come to the main hospital admissions patient admitting office.
- Children having a radiology procedure should get a visitor’s badge at the hospital’s main entrance and go directly to the Radiology Department on the First Floor of the hospital. You do not need to come to the main hospital admissions patient admitting office.
If you are checking in for any of the following you should go to the main admissions patient admitting office, just to the right of the main entrance.
Children checking in for:
- Non-surgical inpatient stays
- Laboratory Services
- Diagnostic procedures in the Children's Heart Center or pulmonary neurodiagnostics
- Short Stay Unit
Note: Pregnant women coming to deliver a baby should go to Labor and Delivery on the 2nd floor. Please note that we also ask you to complete the check-in process prior to delivery.
Things to Bring to Patient Admitting / Clinic Registration
- Valid photo identification. What is a valid photo identification and why do we ask for it?
- Insurance information and a photocopy of you/your child’s insurance card(s)
- A copy of the patient’s advance directive or living will, if applicable
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of the doctor(s) who referred you to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and/or provides care for you or your child
- List of your child’s medications
- Any orders or paperwork you may have received from a health care provider
- If you would like to authorize a family member or friend to bring your child to his/her appointment, please complete the form in English (third party authorization consent form in English / third party authorization consent form in Español).
The Admissions / Clinic Check-in Process
Once you and your child arrive in one of our admitting or clinic check-in areas, a member of our staff will speak with you and:
- Ask to see a valid form of photo identification and insurance card (if applicable). What is a valid photo identification and why do we ask for it?
- Verify your contact information
- Make sure you have reviewed and signed the necessary paperwork
- Clinics only: Collect your insurance co-payment or deductible, if required