Call OR Scheduling, (650) 723-6454, to schedule the Operating Room and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Length of time required for the procedure(s)
- Special equipment required
- Type of anesthesia
- Patient name, date of birth and medical record number (if known)
- Patient contact person/legal guardian and phone number
- Indicate whether or not it is an outpatient procedure
- Indicate whether or not the patient requires ICU post procedure
- Patient position, blood products required and special instructions
- Insurance information
- Identify the admission as a Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital admission.
The Admitting Department receives a fax copy of the surgical reservation for the patient.
All community physicians and faculty physicians not participating in the pre-certification program are required to obtain all necessary authorizations and certifications prior to the date of admission.
For all elective surgical scheduled admission, a completed scheduling form must be faxed to Admitting Reservationist at (650) 497-8968.
The admitting staff will contact the physician's office if there are problems with obtaining authorization or services denied by insurance company.