Autism Spectrum Disorders Parent Education and Support Program
Parent Education Classes
The Stanford Autism Center at Packard Children's Hospital Parent Education Program offers a half-day parents conferences throughout the year designed to provide parents and caregivers with information about Autism Spectrum Disorder in children and adolescents. Please come and join other parents to learn about treatment options, ask questions, and share experiences. The program starts at 9:00AM through 12:30 (the time is the same for very program date). Learn more information about the Packard Children's Hospital Education Program.
Check back in September 2015 for the upcoming fall parent education schedule.
- Understanding social deficits and teaching social skills
- Managing disruptive behaviors and building social, communication, and emotion regulation skills
- Navigating service systems (Early Intervention, Special Education, 504 Plans, Regional Centers, Medical/Mental Health Services)
- How to explain your child’s diagnosis/differences to your child, siblings, and others
- Building independence with homework and chores
- Future topics to be announced!