The pediatric cardiology team at Stanford Children’s Health provides diagnosis and management of congenital and acquired heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents. Comprehensive multidisciplinary care is offered by our physicians, clinical nurse specialists, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, and dieticians through the Betty Irene Moore Children's Heart Center.
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is nationally ranked in Cardiology and Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report and is the highest ranked in Northern California. In addition to our main hospital location, our network of pediatric cardiologists stretches across the Bay Area and beyond, making it easier for you to see a physician while staying closer to home.
Our services and programs include:
- Electrophysiology and arrhythmia: Diagnosis and disease management, electrocardiography, Holter and Event recording, pacemaker management, electrophysiologic study, and trans-catheter ablation of arrhythmia pathways.
- Cardiac imaging: Pediatric echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, transesophageal and intraoperative echocardiography, MRI, CT and angiography.
- Cardiac cath and interventional cardiology: Cardiac catheterization and angiography, interventional procedures (balloon angioplasty, balloon valvuloplasty, coil embolization, trans-catheter stenting, and catheter closure of congenital heart defects) and endomyocardial biopsy.
- Exercise and preventive heart disease: Cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing, evaluation for athletic participation, hypertension evaluation, and hypercholesterolemia evaluation and management.
- Pediatric advanced cardiac therapies: Heart failure management, heart transplantation and heart-lung and lung transplantation.
- Pediatric vascular research lab: Identifying patients at risk for atherosclerosis and vascular disease at an early age.
- Wall Center for pulmonary vascular disease: Evaluation and management of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular disease.
- Marfan syndrome and related aortic disorders: Diagnostic evaluation and individualized therapy for Marfan syndrome and other related heritable disorders of aortic valve.
- Adult congenital heart disease: Specializes in patients born with defects who grow to be adults facing a range of challenges.