Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Medical and surgical advances have ensured that the majority of children born with congenital heart disease will thrive in adulthood. Ensuring a smooth transition from pediatric cardiology to adult care and providing a comprehensive approach to congenital cardiac care in adulthood is our specialty.
Our Adult Congenital Heart Program, a Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford Hospital & Clinics collaboration, provides a unique approach to care with a team of clinicians and cardiothoracic surgeons who specialize in caring for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease. We offer a comprehensive approach to care for the full spectrum of congenital heart disease. This expertise has been recognized by both Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford Hospital & Clinics being nationally ranked in Cardiology and Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report consistently over the last decade.
- Lifelong care with seamless transition from pediatric to adult care
- Highly specialized services specifically designed for adolescent and adult patients
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary care
- Access to clinical trials and the most advanced treatment options
- Specialized treatment for patients with a single ventricle through a Fontan operation
- Comprehensive assessments for patients with repaired and unrepaired Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement and surgical pulmonary valve repair/replacement
- Innovative treatment options for Ebstein’s Anomaly and Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Specialized medical, transcatheter, and surgical management of arrhythmias
- Advanced cardiac therapies including ventricular assist devices and heart transplantation
- Pre-conception counseling and risk stratification with high-risk pregnancy management
- Contraception and genetic counseling
- Ongoing communication with our referring providers with 24/7 availability for consultation
- Outreach locations available throughout Northern California
Contact us online or call (650) 724-9220 for more information.