Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Medical and surgical advances have ensured that the majority of children born with congenital heart disease will thrive in adulthood. Ensuring a smooth transition from pediatric cardiology to adult care and providing a comprehensive approach to congenital cardiac care in adulthood is our specialty.
Our Adult Congenital Heart Program, a Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford Health Care collaboration, provides a unique approach to care with a team of clinicians and cardiothoracic surgeons who specialize in caring for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease. We offer a comprehensive approach to care for the full spectrum of congenital heart disease. This expertise has been recognized by both Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford Health Care being nationally ranked in Cardiology and Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report consistently over the last decade.
- Lifelong care with seamless transition from pediatric to adult care
- Highly specialized services specifically designed for adolescent and adult patients
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary care
- Access to clinical trials and the most advanced treatment options
- Specialized treatment for patients with a single ventricle through a Fontan operation
- Comprehensive assessments for patients with repaired and unrepaired Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement and surgical pulmonary valve repair/replacement
- Innovative treatment options for Ebstein’s Anomaly and Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Specialized medical, transcatheter, and surgical management of arrhythmias
- Advanced cardiac therapies including ventricular assist devices and heart transplantation
- Pre-conception counseling and risk stratification with high-risk pregnancy management
- Contraception and genetic counseling
- Ongoing communication with our referring providers with 24/7 availability for consultation
- Outreach locations available throughout Northern California
Contact us online or call (650) 724-9220 for more information.