Fetal and Maternal Health
When expectant parents learn that their fetus has been diagnosed with a high-risk condition, our Center for Fetal and Maternal Health brings together a unique team of experts to address the baby’s and mother’s needs before, during and after delivery.
We provide counseling, preparation and ongoing support for parents and fetal patients. We make sure you and your baby have the best care possible by providing:
- A single point of contact. We provide you and your doctor with a single contact for accessing our diagnostic, medical and surgical expertise, as well as all the information, support and resources that you, your family and your doctor need.
- Individualized, streamlined care. We provide you with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary care team of subspecialists and services specific to your and your baby’s needs. Your team will explain all findings, discuss treatment options, answer your questions, and—together with you—make sure the best care plan is in place.
- Clarification on findings and diagnoses. You will have a series of individualized evaluations that may include ultrasound, fetal echocardiogram, and fetal MRI to better understand fetal findings. We help you understand so that you can make the best decisions for your baby, and prepare and plan for the rest of your pregnancy, your baby’s delivery and their needs from infancy though childhood and beyond.
- Family support and integrated services. Our services include everything from making sure you and your doctor are well-informed about your baby’s condition, to helping to arrange accommodations, to providing compassionate support. Our family-centered care approach encourages you to become an active participant in your child’s health care team.
- Comprehensive services, all in one place. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford is the only children’s hospital in the Bay Area—and one of the few in the country—to offer obstetric, delivery, newborn and pediatric services all in one place. We provide complete care for a range of conditions and needs. Your Center for Fetal and Maternal Health team will include medical and surgical subspecialists and other caring staff. We work together to provide the best care possible to you and your baby.