Fetal and Maternal Health Care Team
The Center for Fetal and Maternal Health provides you with access to world-renowned experts in medical and surgical care for expectant mothers, infants and children. Our comprehensive, collaborative approach means we all work together to assure the best possible treatment and outcomes for you and your baby.
Every pregnancy is unique. For this reason, we assemble a team of specialists unique to your and your baby’s needs. We also coordinate these specialists through a single point of contact to simplify care and coordination for you and your family. Your core care team will include:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine – Obstetricians who specialize in caring for women with high-risk pregnancies
- Neonatology – Pediatricians who specialize in treating babies with complex problems, and providing intensive care for newborns
- Genetics and Perinatal Genetics Counselors – Experts and counselors in disorders and syndromes that may be at least partially caused by genes or heredity
- Pediatric Radiology and Fetal Imaging – Specialists in fetal, infant and childhood diagnostic imaging
Your team will include all specialists with expertise relevant to your unique pregnancy and fetal diagnosis. These may include specialists in general surgery, Children’s Heart Center specialists in fetal cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, urology, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, anesthesia, and any of our comprehensive medical and surgical services. They will work together to plan for and address your needs and your baby’s needs before birth, for delivery, in the neonatal period, and through childhood.
Our highly trained social workers are also important members of your care team. They can help you understand the hospital experience, provide support, and connect you with resources including lodging and housing assistance.
Center for Fetal and Maternal Health Directors and Coordinators
- Susan Hintz, MD, MS Epi – Medical Director
- Karl Sylvester, MD – Executive Director
- Yasser El-Sayed, MD – Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Meg Homeyer, MS, CGC – Patient Care Coordinator
- Stephanie Neves – Administrative Coordinator
Phone: (650) 724-2221
Fax: (650) 723-6607
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm