Pediatric Kidney Transplant
The pediatric kidney transplant team at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, is a national transplant volume leader. In fact, over the past five years, data from the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) shows we have performed more pediatric kidney transplants than any other U.S. center.
We are also proud that our one-year and three-year kidney transplant patient outcome rates — at 100 percent — are unsurpassed. That’s according to data from the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR). We excel at handling the toughest challenges. We provide high-touch care to high-acuity cases, including some of the sickest children needing kidney transplants.
- More pediatric kidney transplants than anyone else in the Western United States.
- Our patients come from across the globe, including 28 U.S. states, Canada, Peru and Kuwait.
- Our one-year and three-year patient survival rates — 100 percent — are unsurpassed.
Most Challenging Patients
- We specialize in high acuity patients, caring for the youngest, sickest children waiting for transplants.
- We have extensive experience performing pediatric combined liver-kidney transplants.
- In the U.S. News & World Report's "Best Children's Hospitals 2016-2017" report, our hospital achieved Honor Roll status and our nephrology program was ranked #5 in the nation.