Pediatric Liver Transplant
The pediatric liver transplant team at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, with more than 20 years experience, is a national transplant volume leader. In fact, data from the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) shows that over the past five years we have performed more pediatric liver transplants than any other U.S. center.
We are also proud that data gathered by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) shows our three-year liver graft and patient outcome rates are the best in the nation.
We excel at handling the toughest challenges. We provide high-touch care to high-acuity cases, including some of the sickest babies, toddlers and children needing liver transplants.
- More pediatric liver transplants than any other center in the Western United States.
- More than 660 transplants performed since 1995.
- Highest three-year liver graft and patient survival rates in the nation.
Most Challenging Patients
- One-quarter of our patients are listed at the highest acuity status.
- In the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals 2016-2017” report, our hospital achieved Honor Roll status and our Gastroenterology & GI Surgery program is nationally ranked.
- Our dedicated teen clinic helps liver transplant recipients ease into becoming responsible adults able to effectively care for themselves.