Our Neonatology staff partners with you to provide nurturing care for your newborn(s) with critical, surgical or special medical needs.
Parents are core members of our care teams. This commitment to family-centered care provides you and your family with the support and information you need throughout your baby’s hospital stay, as your baby graduates to the next level neonatal intensive care unit, and as you prepare to start your life together at home. We help you prepare to care for and bond with your baby, and focus on your baby’s nutrition, growth and development.
Our neonatology physicians have always been leaders in neonatal care. The tradition of providing innovative, high quality care for newborns continues today, from world-leading research focused on early response and prevention to the most advanced simulation training. Each of our nursery teams is dedicated to providing your baby and family with neonatal care that is ranked among the top ten in the country and #1 in the west by U.S.News & World Report.
Palo Alto Nurseries
At Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, our neonatologists work closely with parents, the hospital’s obstetric team and specialized pediatric services. Together, we provide every major medical, surgical and support service your baby may need.
Nurseries throughout the greater Bay Area
We have partnered with hospitals to build nurseries throughout the greater Bay Area, so that care for your baby can happen closer to where you live. Our team provides your baby with the same high quality of care we provide at our main hospital in Palo Alto.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Dominican Hospital – Santa Cruz
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital – Salinas
- Level II Special Care Nursery at Sequoia Hospital – Redwood City
- Level II Special Care Nursery at Watsonville Community Hospital – Watsonville
- Our neonatologists also staff the El Camino Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Mountain View.