Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Application Process
The application deadline for the Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Program (PGY1) is Monday, January 2, 2017. NO applications will be accepted beyond this date.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
Possess a Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited school or college of pharmacy OR have equivalent experience
Obtain licensure to practice pharmacy in the state of California before October 1, 2017: http://pharmacy.ca.gov
Participate in an on-site interview at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Possess a California pharmacy intern license at the time of hire (or within 30 days if candidate is from out of state)
Submitting an Application
Candidates interested in applying must complete the following four steps:
1. Complete the Online Application
Search by Req # using # 5945
Click apply for this job and register
Follow the instructions on the website
Please attach your curriculum vitae to your online application under the resume section
When finished, click submit
2. Send your online PhORCAS application to our program
- Upload personal statement/letter of intent
- Outline career goals, areas of interest and reasons for applying to the residency program at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Submission of a writing sample (drug monograph, drug information question/answer, drug utilization reviews, or article)
- Upload curriculum vitae
- Complete extracurricular information
- Select three reference providers. Please only submit the standardized reference form in PhORCAS.
- Request official transcript
After review of application materials by the residency committee, selected applicants will be contacted for a three hour on-site interview between January–March 2017. For consideration, the online application and all supporting documentation must be received by January 2, 2017.