For Referring Physicians
The Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford Radiology program recognizes the challenges facing every practice when referring patients to other clinics and physicians. Our team has developed a number of resources to enhance this experience for our referring health care providers.
View a complete list of our neuroradiological and abdominal and chest, musculoskeletal and cardiac imaging services.
Please call (650) 497-8376 to consult with a radiologist. Our physicians are accessible and happy to assist you with:
- Questions regarding specific patient radiology interpretations
- General questions concerning the most effective imaging modality to properly diagnose your patient
Refer a Patient
Pediatric Radiology new patient appointments must be initiated by a health care provider.
- Please fax a completed radiology referral form (PDF) to us at (650) 724-2663 to schedule an exam.
- We will call the patient’s family as soon as we receive the form from your office.
- One of our radiologists will review the form. If our attending radiologists believe a different exam would have a clinical or safety advantage, we will contact your office, if necessary.
- We will call the patient’s family to schedule an appointment.
If your patient is pregnant and you would like to schedule a fetal imaging appointment, please contact the Center for Fetal and Maternal Health.
Direct Phone Access
Please call (650) 497-8376 to speak directly with one of our friendly patient services employees. They are ready to assist with:
- Radiology scheduling
- Imaging record requests
- General questions and answers
- Arranging a physician-to-physician consultation
- Insurance authorization
We are available:
Monday-Friday: 7:30 am–9 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 am–4 pm
Phone: (650) 497-8376
Fax: (650) 724-2663
Access Patient Information and Make Referrals Online
Our MD Portal Web site allows you to:
- Submit a referral online and see the status of the referral (pending/scheduled). You can view the date and time of your patient’s appointment once it is scheduled.
- View radiology reports (draft and final copies)
- View radiology images (only available for Internet Explorer 6 or 7 on a PC)
- View other patient and clinical information