Our expert trauma team provides comprehensive, coordinated services in collaboration with Stanford Health Care’s Emergency Department – a Level 1 pediatric trauma center verified by the American College of Surgeons – to meet the unique needs of injured children and adolescents through timely, effective and family-centered care. At the moment your child needs it most, our pediatric trauma care team is here to support every aspect of their physical, psychological and emotional needs.
Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, new Ford Family Surgical Suites, and Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center provide not only the most advanced technological settings, but some of the most compassionate and qualified physicians, nurses and support staff to care for the children we see. From our radiologists (MRI and CT), to our child psychologists, social workers, child life specialists, physical therapists and occupational therapists, we support every child and adolescent according to their individual needs.
Our Pediatric Trauma care team works in continuous partnership with a full complement of pediatric specialists providing round-the-clock access to:
- Pediatric-trained trauma surgeons and emergency medicine doctors
- Coordinated response from all needed specialty medical staff
- Neurosurgical and neurological care for severely injured patients
- Pediatric surgeons (including neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for the special needs of children with serious illness or injury
- Operating rooms equipped and ready at all times
- In-hospital pediatric and obstetric anesthesiologists
- Child Life specialists
- Interpreter services
- Continuum of care for patients with the most serious trauma injuries—from admission through treatment and rehabilitation and follow-up care
Pediatric and OB Critical Transport and Care via Life Flight
Our Critical Care Transport Team partners with Stanford Healthcare's Life Flight Medical Transport Program to provide ambulance and helicopter transfer of critically injured children and at-risk pregnant women while providing high-quality medical care en route.
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Transfer Center
We coordinate access from other facilities to our hospital through a single point of contact for patients requiring advanced treatments for complex pediatric, neonatal and perinatal disorders.
Call (877) 464-5724 or (650) 723-7342 for patient transfers or inpatient consultation requests.