The only Level 1 pediatric trauma center in the San Francisco Bay Area verified by the American College of Surgeons
Pediatric Trauma Services at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital offers comprehensive, coordinated services in collaboration with Stanford Hospital & Clinic's Emergency Department, to meet the unique needs of injured children and adolescents through timely, effective and family-centered care.
Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, new Ford Family Surgical Suites, and Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center provide not only the most advanced technological settings, but some of the most compassionate and qualified physicians, nurses and support staff to care for the children we see. From our radiologists (MRI and CT), to our child psychologists, social workers, child life specialists, physical therapists and occupational therapists, we support every child and adolescent according to their individual needs.
Packard Children's Pediatric Trauma Services works in continuous partnership with a full complement of pediatric specialists providing round-the-clock access to:
- Pediatric-trained trauma surgeons and emergency medicine doctors
- Coordinated response from all needed specialty medical staff
- Neurosurgical and neurological care for severely injured patients
- Pediatric surgeons (including neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for the special needs of children with serious illness or injury
- Operating rooms equipped and ready at all times
- In-hospital pediatric and obstetric anesthesiologists
- Child Life specialists
- Interpreter services
- Continuum of care for patients with the most serious trauma injuries—from admission through treatment and rehabilitation and follow-up care
Pediatric and OB Critical Transport and Care via Life Flight
Packard Children’s Critical Care Transport Team partners with Stanford Hospital & Clinic's Life Flight Medical Transport Program to provide ambulance and helicopter transfer of critically injured children and at-risk pregnant women while providing high-quality medical care en route.
Packard Children’s Transfer Center
We coordinate access to Packard’s advanced treatments for complex pediatric, neonatal and perinatal disorders through a single point of contact.
Call (877) 464-5724 or (650) 723-7342 for patient transfers or inpatient consultation requests.