Getting Help

How do I refer myself?

  • First and foremost, this is a confidential process
  • Getting the proper help is the primary concern
  • Call or page the Chair or any committee member at any time to initiate the process


How do I refer someone?

  • Any staff member (medical staff, resident/fellow, nursing, employees, etc.) may refer
  • Referral to the Well Being Committee benefits the Stanford community
  • Documentation of the event that triggers the referral is important
  • Call or page the Chair or any member of the Well Being Committee to discuss the referral
  • PLEASE NOTE: Your name will remain anonymous


Resources for Treatment Facilities


Inpatient Facility Specialty City, State
Betty Ford
(619) 328-6443
(800) 854-9211
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center Rancho Mirage, CA
Del Amo Hospital
(800) 533-5266
Psychiatric Hospital Torrance, CA
Hazelden Springbrook
(800) 333-3712
Treatment for Healthcare Professionals Newberg, OR
Sequoia Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center
(800) 997-5504
Substance Abuse Redwood City, CA
Sierra Tucson
(800) 842-4487
Addictions and Behavioral Disorders Tucson, AZ
St. Helena Hospital
(800) 454-4673
Alcohol and Chemical Recovery Program St. Helena, CA
Talbot Recovery Campus
(800) 445-4232
Treatment for Healthcare Professionals Atlanta, GA
William J. Farley Center
(800) 582-6066
Treatment for Healthcare Professionals Willamsburg, VA


Outpatient Facilities


Facility City
El Camino Hospital
(650) 940-7000
Mountain View
Good Samaritan Hospital
(408) 559-2011
San Jose
Kaiser Permanente
Santa Clara Medical Center
(408) 236-6400
Santa Clara
Stanford Hospital & Clinics
(650) 498-9111
Sequoia Hospital
(650) 364-5504
Redwood City


Self Test for Alcoholism (PDF)